Discipline And Behavior Management Policy
Kiddie Day Care & Preschool believes that discipline is an important component for classroom harmony. Therefore, the following discipline procedures will be enforced:
A verbal warning is given, with an explanation of the offense.
"Time Out" in the classroom under direct teacher supervision. Teacher will multiply one minute times the age of the child ( a 4-year-old will sit in "time out" for 4 minutes)
The teacher will call the administrator to the room to discuss with the child the offense for which he/she is being reprimanded.
Parent will be contacted for a conference, with the approval of the administrator. The owner, administrator, teacher, and parents will discuss a solution to the particular offense.
The following discipline policy for the KDC shall apply to all persons on the premises and shall be restricted as follows:
- We model appropriate behavior; we praise, reward, and encourage the children.
- We reason with and provide the children with logical consequences of their behavior.
- We provide alternatives for inappropriate behavior to the children.
- We DO NOT spank, shake, or otherwise physically punish the children.
- We DO NOT make fun of or otherwise verbally abuse the children.
- We DO NOT place the children in locked rooms, closets, or boxes as punishment.
- We DO NOT withhold food, rest, or toilet use.
- We DO NOT leave any child unattended.